The value of quality boat insurance often doesn’t become apparent until you really need it. Whether it’s a minor dent or a more substantial accident, it pays to have boat insurance coverage you can count on.
The Basics of Boat Insurance
A small boat, such as a canoe or other un-motorized boat, is typically covered under the personal property portion of your homeowners insurance policy. If you own a larger, faster boat, you’ll need a separate boat owners insurance policy. A typical boat owners insurance policy is designed to protect your boat, motor, equipment and passengers. It affords similar coverages to those you typically have for your car including:
- Physical Damage: Physical damage coverage insures your boat, motor, boat trailer, boat equipment (anchors, oars, fuel tanks, life jackets, dinghies, tools, etc.) and other personal property against theft, accidental loss or damages.
- Liability: Two principal liability coverages are included:
- Personal Liability – A boatowners insurance policy provides protection for legal liability and pays, up to the limit of your policy, the legal obligations imposed upon you due to an accident resulting from the ownership, maintenance, or use of your watercraft, including bodily injury, property damage and legal defense.
- Medical Payments– This pays medical expenses, up to the limits in the policy, including the insured’s boating-related medical expenses from an accident arising out of the ownership, maintenance or use of the boat.
Additional Boat Insurance Coverage Options
For added protection, consider the following additional coverage options:
- Reasonable Repairs: Covers repairs incurred to protect covered property from further damage.
- Emergency Service: Pays for reasonable costs that you incur resulting from specified emergency service to your boat, motor or boat trailer.
- Wreck Removal: Pays the reasonable expenses you incur for any attempted or actual raising, removal or destruction of the wreck of your watercraft when damage is caused by an insured loss and removal or destruction is required by law.
- Umbrella Liability: Provides additional boat insurance coverage across the board for home, auto and watercraft.
Top Ways to Save on Boat Insurance
- Running your boat on diesel fuel instead of gas reduces both your risk and insurance premium
- Complete an approved safety course through the Coast Guard, U.S. Power Squadrons, Red Cross or other state administered course
- Ask about our multi-policy discount
GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. Your Trusted Insurance Brokers
Let GDI Insurance Agency’s experienced boat insurance specialist explain the different Liability Limits, Comprehensive, Personal Injury Protection, Collision, Medical coverages, and deductibles that are available for you to choose from. We offer affordable boat insurance policies from a leader in the insurance industry.
When it comes to your insurance needs, we’ve got you covered!
California’s Leader in Insurance and Risk Management
As one of the fastest growing agencies in California, GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. is able to provide its clients with the latest and greatest of what the insurance industry has to offer and much, much more.
We are headquartered in Turlock, CA, with locations across the heart of California’s Central Valley, Northern California and beyond to provide a local feel to the solutions and services we provide our clients. We pride ourselves on exceeding our client’s expectations in every interaction to make sure that our client’s know how much we value and appreciate their business. Contact us today 1-209-634-2929 for your comprehensive boat insurance quote!