Beneficiary Review

Take Control of Your Legacy

The Importance of Beneficiary Reviews

When was the last time you made certain all of the beneficiary statements you have created are still appropriate? If you are like many people that I help, the answer is, “I am not sure I have ever reviewed the beneficiaries I assigned years ago.” For help with this and your financial planning, give GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. a call at 1-209-634-2929. In a recent article in Investment News, about 80% of beneficiary forms on individual retirement accounts, defined benefit pension plans and insurance policies are either blank, outdated or not properly filled in.* We want our clients to be the other 20%. Without a comprehensive beneficiary review, you may be leaving assets to those you did not intend or no one at all. A comprehensive review of your beneficiaries can ensure that your assets go to exactly whom you wish. Before you launch into this project, you need to determine all of the different places you might have a beneficiary contract in place. Of course, the primary document is your Will, but many individuals use a Living Trust as the primary instruction document instead of a Will.

In addition to your will, You will also need to review:

  • IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or other similar accounts
  • Annuity, life insurance, and long term care policies
  • Brokerage accounts
  • Existing bank accounts, to include Certificates of Deposit
Structuring your legacy is one of the most important pieces of the retirement process but often times, it is an overlooked portion of the process as it produces no income for a financial advisor. We always strive to add real value to our clients and fully realize that relationships are built over time, not transactions. We have cleared our schedules to offer Complimentary Beneficiary Reviews. We want to spend an hour making sure your beneficiaries are EXACTLY the way you want them to be.

During your consultation, you’ll receive your personal Legacy Planning Kit, which includes:

  • A Beneficiary Review and Update Assistance
  • A copy of our step-by-step manual:  “A Guide to Your IRA Beneficiary Choices”
  • Complimentary copy of “Understanding Trusts” and “Advantages of a Will’
You will also walk away with a completed From the Heart Journal that encompasses:
  • Account numbers, policy numbers and company names of all investments and real estate
  • Location, phone numbers, and contacts for wills, trusts, bank accounts, and credit cards
  • Names and contacts of Bankers, Attorneys, Accountants, etc
  • Funeral instructions
  Call us at 888.991-2929 to schedule you complimentary Beneficiary Review.  We will save a copy of our Legacy Planning Kit and From the Heart Journal just for you.  

GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. Your Trusted Insurance Experts

GDI Insurance Agency, Inc.

Located in Turlock, CA we have offices throughout California’s Central Valley, Northern California and beyond.

To put the GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. experts to work for you, simply fill out the Protection Savings Form above or call our office today at 1-888-991-2929 to learn more about GDI’s Exclusive California  Insurance Program!