The Impact of Natural Disasters on Business
According to National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI), in 2018 (as of October 9), there have been 11 weather and climate disaster events with losses exceeding $1 billion each across the United States. These events included 1 drought event, 6 severe storm events, 1 tropical cyclone event, 1 wildfire event, and 2 winter storm events. Overall, these events resulted in the deaths of 105 people and had significant economic effects on the areas impacted. We’ve got details on natural disasters and how to help your business recover.
Rebuilding and Recovery For Your Business After Natural Disasters
Hurricane Florence recently exposed the eastern United States to devastating winds and flooding, and initial estimates put the cost of the damage at nearly $5 billion. But once a storm or other type of disaster passes, you aren’t necessarily out of danger. Water damage, persistent flooding, damaged utilities and other hazards can endanger the physical safety of your employees and customers. You also need to consider how even a small business interruption can threaten your business. Contact GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. for a comprehensive business insurance quote, to make sure you are properly covered in case of a natural disaster.
Here are some tips and resources you can use to recover and rebuild after natural disasters:
- Check in with all of your employees, customers and other stakeholders to ensure they aren’t in immediate danger.
- Prioritize any tasks that are critical to resuming your regular operations.
- Keep your employees informed about the status of your recovery process at all times.
- Pay attention to the weather forecast in order to monitor storm patterns and stay aware of any updated guidance from local officials.
- Make sure it’s safe to enter your workplace, then carefully assess any damage by taking clear, detailed photos that can be used during the claims process.
- Contact us at 209-634-2929 to determine your insurance coverage and start the process as soon as possible.
- Visit the FEMA’s website for legal aid that can help you access state or federal recovery funds.
- Review the effectiveness of your emergency and business continuity plans, and make any necessary revisions.
Provided by Precision Software
California’s Leader in Insurance and Risk Management
As one of the fastest growing agencies in California, GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. is able to provide its clients with the latest and greatest of what the insurance industry has to offer and much, much more.
Headquartered in Turlock, CA with locations across the heart of California’s Central Valley and beyond to provide a local feel to the solutions and services we provide our clients. We pride ourselves on exceeding our client’s expectations in every interaction to make sure that our client’s know how much we value and appreciate their business. Contact us today 1-209-634-2929 for your comprehensive business insurance quote!