Easing Employee Stress During the COVID-19 Pandemic
As the number of confirmed cases increases daily, employees and their families are experiencing immense uncertainty. In times such as these, employees are looking for guidance wherever they can find it. Employers can help calm some of their employee stress by taking the following actions:
- Acknowledge employee fears surrounding their jobs and the company, but also reassure them of their value to the company and the company’s desire to keep them as members of the team.
- Be open with employees about management decisions and ask for suggestions to rectify problems.
- Provide as much information as possible about the pandemic.
- Highlight employee benefits that employees might not know about to relieve any financial stress.
- Encourage employees to take advantage of any telehealth services to preserve their mental well-being.
- Communicate the future of the business with employees often—in meetings, on the company intranet site, in newsletters and in blogs.
- Be empathetic in your communications, as every employee’s situation may be different.
In these uncertain times, it’s imperative that you clearly communicate your business’s plans as frequently as possible. It’s not possible for you to control the pandemic, but it is possible for you to help ease the stress your employees are experiencing.
Home and Work-Life Balance
Ways To Battle Employee Stress
The key to learning how to manage stress at work so to keep it at a healthy level and make sure it doesn’t become overwhelming. There are warning signs that you’re experiencing too much stress at work such as:
- Feeling anxious
- Irritable or depressed.
- Social withdrawal
- Apathy or loss of interest at work
- Trouble sleeping
- And problems concentrating
We’ve got a few simple ideas that could help reduce the employee stress at your business.
Form Positive Relationships
- Share your thoughts and get things off your chest.
- Develop Friendships with coworkers
- Lean on your friends and family for support
Start Exercising or Exercise More
- Exercise lifts your mood, increases energy, and sharpens focus.
- Shoot for at least 30 minutes of activity on most days.
- Go for walks throughout the day to de-stress.
Eat Healthy and Nutritious Foods
- Reduce your sugar consumption to avoid energy crashes.
- Eat more Omega-3 fatty acids for improved mood.
- Avoid stimulants like caffeine or nicotine.
Get Enough Sleep
- Aim for 8 hours of sleep each nights.
- Turn off screens 1 hour before you want to go to bed.
Prioritize and Organize
- Plan regular breaks throughout your day.
- Prioritize your most important tasks and projects earlier in the day.
- Delegate the things you don’t have to do yourself.
Kick Your Bad Habits
- Resist trying to be perfect with everything.
- Think positively and don’t beat yourself up over little things.
- Don’t sweat over things out of control.
California’s Leader in Insurance and Risk Management
As one of the fastest growing agencies in California, GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. is able to provide its clients with the latest and greatest of what the insurance industry has to offer and much, much more.
We are headquartered in Turlock, CA, with locations across the heart of California’s Central Valley, Northern California and beyond to provide a local feel to the solutions and services we provide our clients. We pride ourselves on exceeding our client’s expectations in every interaction to make sure that our client’s know how much we value and appreciate their business. Contact us today 1-209-634-2929 for your comprehensive insurance quote!