Holiday Safety in the Workplace
It’s the holiday season—a time for decorations and festivities to celebrate the season. While we welcome your displays of holiday spirit, it is important to keep safety in mind. Here are some guidelines to follow to ensure we all celebrate the season safely. Holiday safety in the workplace should be your first priority.
Holiday Safety in the Workplace and Holiday Decorations
- Mixing and matching lights can create a fire hazard; keep outside lights outdoors and inside lights indoors.
- Discard any light strings that have cracks, exposed wire or loose connections.
- Do not connect more than three sets of lights to an extension cord.
- Make sure that cords are not running through a walkway, as it creates a tripping hazard.
- Do not close doors or windows on extension cords and do not run them under rugs or carpeting.
- Make sure all indoor decorations are unplugged at the end of the day. You are responsible for unplugging any decorations that you put up.
- We do not allow any decorations with an open flame, such as candles.
- Make sure decorations do not block doorways, walkways, exit signs or stairwells.
- All decorations should be made of flame-retardant or non-combustible materials.
If you are bringing in food to share with your co-workers, be sure to observe these safety precautions:
- Keep perishable food refrigerated and do not leave out for more than two hours.
- Use serving utensils, even for “finger food,” so that multiple people are not touching it.
- Label your food, especially if it contains peanuts or other ingredients that others may be allergic to.
Most importantly, always use common sense when bringing decorations or food items into the workplace. We want everyone to enjoy the holiday season, but holiday safety in the workplace is our top priority!
California’s Leader in Insurance and Risk Management
As one of the fastest growing agencies in California, GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. is able to provide its clients with the latest and greatest of what the insurance industry has to offer and much, much more.
We are headquartered in Turlock, CA, with locations across the heart of California’s Central Valley, Northern California and beyond to provide a local feel to the solutions and services we provide our clients. We pride ourselves on exceeding our client’s expectations in every interaction to make sure that our client’s know how much we value and appreciate their business. Contact us today 1-209-634-2929 for your comprehensive business insurance quote!