Understanding Medical Insurance
Understanding California Health Insurance
State health insurance mandates are laws regulating the terms of coverage for insured health plans. Mandates can affect various parts of health insurance plans as follows:
- Benefit mandates require health insurance plans to cover specific treatments, services or procedures. In some cases, however, benefit mandates only require issuers to offer coverage to employers for specific treatments, services or procedures.
- Provider mandates require health insurance plans to pay for services provided by specific health care professionals. Often, provider mandates are in the form of nondiscrimination mandates that require coverage only if the health plan already reimburses services within the scope of the health care professional’s practice.
- Person mandates require health insurance plans to cover specific categories of people.
Call GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. Today, Your Group Health Insurance Experts
Additional mandates for health plans exist at the federal level. For example, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires non-grandfathered health plans in the small group and individual markets to provide coverage for certain items and services designated as “essential health benefits.” Health plan sponsors and issuers should work with their advisors to determine how to comply with applicable federal and state mandates.
California has a divided legal and regulatory system for health insurance plans. The Department of Managed Health Care (DMHC) regulates health care service plans, which include managed care plans such as health maintenance organizations (HMOs) and certain preferred provider organizations (PPOs). The California Department of Insurance (CDI) regulates health insurance policies. DMHC-regulated plan contracts and CDI-regulated policies may be subject to state benefit mandate laws, depending upon the exact wording of the law.
This Employment Law Summary contains a chart outlining California’s benefit, provider and person mandates for insured group health plans. Please keep in mind that the following chart does not address federal benefit mandates, such as those in the ACA.
We have all the resources you need to successfully plan and execute your EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- Human Resources Admin Portal specifically designed and tailored to your business.
- Human Resource Hotline: Access to Certified HR Professionals
- Labor Law Attorneys: Access to GDI’s network of HR/Employment Law Attorneys
- Coordination of the above to support your traditional Employee Benefits.
- Follow-up Steps Include: Access to OSHA and Safety Compliance Materials & Trainers
- Many of the services are paid for by GDI Insurance Agency, Inc.
Experts In the Industry
Contact GDI Insurance Agency at 1-888-991-2929 for your comprehensive employee benefits quote. Experience the GDI difference and see why our clients love working with us!
Industry Leading Solutions
GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. is very excited to partner with leading industry solution experts to offer smart, dynamic and time-saving technology integrated with the Health platform, HR and payroll processing will be simpler and streamlined for small, midsize and the largest employers who currently struggle to manage these fragmented and manual processes, such as ACA compliance to name just one item that is just handled by GDI’s new program!
GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. has created the perfect match of cutting edge technology so HR departments can have a single sign-on and seamless process for hiring, onboarding, enrolling in benefits and meeting the complex compliance demands of the Affordable Care Act, as well as added the benefit of having both access to attorneys and a dedicated GDI benefits broker to work with. No call centers, no waiting for the next available rep. You call your dedicated broker that knows you, knows your account and handles any issues you need help with.
No broker of new program can come close to GDI’s offer. In addition GDI also offers a portal to help with all your OSHA Safety Compliance and even keep you OSHA 300 log online.
Learn About the GDI Client Philosophy!
Insurance & Risk Management
- Basic Policies - Liability
- Basic Policies - Employee Benefits
- Employee Benefits
- Contractual Transfers
Maximization of Efficiencies
- Accounting & Taxation
- Legal Guidance & Council
- Safety & Training
- Specialized EPA Inspections & Certifications
- Inspection Assistance
- Insurance Visit Support
If You Think This Sounds Too Good To Be True, Here Is What Just A Few Of Our Clients Have To Say about their Insurance:
"“…$385,000 less a year than we were paying
We looked hard at all our budget items, and insurance seemed to be a big fixed expense. GDI found us a policy for $385,000 less a year than we were paying”
-CA Home Builder
"…found me coverage for $140,000 less a year
When everyone else said that was the best they could do, I called GDI, and they found me coverage for $140,000 less a year than anyone else offered.”
-CA Cement Contractor
GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. Your Trusted Business Insurance Experts
At GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. we will do the work for you to ensure you have the best protection plan for your California business. Not only that, but as you can see, we will go the extra mile to make sure your business is protected from the inside-out.
Located in Turlock, CA we have offices throughout California’s Central Valley, Northern California and beyond.
To put the GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. experts to work for you, simply fill click our quote button above or call our office today at 1-888-991-2929 to learn more about GDI’s Group Health Insurance Program!