Employment Practice Liability Insurance
Employment Practice Liability Insurance (EPLI)
From the moment that you start the pre-employment process until well after the exit interview, you are vulnerable for a lawsuit. As a result, your business should take a hard look at whether it can afford to defend itself against alleged employment liability accusations (i.e. Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Harassment, Wage/Hour Claims, etc.). You can find out more about California Employment Practice Liability Insurance on our blog!
Why Choose EPLI Insurance?
Nearly three out of every five employers will be sued by a prospective, current, or former employee while they are in business. While many suits are groundless, defending against them is costly and time-consuming.
California EPLI Insurance policy provides protection from the following:
- Wage / Hour Claims – Unpaid or incorrectly paid Wages, Overtime, Vacation Time, Sick Time, Paid-Time Off (PTO)
- 3rd Party Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) claims – where an employee, customer or guest of your business files an ADA complaint
- Discrimination (Based on Race, Religion, Age, Gender, Sexual Orientation, Disability, or any other protected classification)
- Actual or alleged wrongful dismissal, discharge or termination
- Employment-related misrepresentation
- Employment-related libel, slander, humiliation, defamation or invasion of privacy
- Wrongful failure to employ or promote
- Wrongful deprivation of a career opportunity, wrongful demotion or negligent evaluation
- Wrongful discipline
- Vicarious liability for intentional acts
- Punitive damages
- Coercion or humiliation in relation to race, marital status, gender, age, physical and/or mental impairments, pregnancy, sexual orientation and any other protected class established by federal, state and local statutes
Many EPLI policies offer useful resources:
- Consultation, HR assistance and other risk management consultative services.
- Coverage for defense costs outside the policy limits (for qualifying risks).
- Third party liability coverage (for qualifying risks).
- Volunteer workers can be added as additional insureds.
- Extended reporting periods may be added.
Employment Practices Liability Insurance Is An Affordable Solution
Fortunately, with employment-based lawsuits on the rise and the economy’s upward climb, Employment Practices Liability Insurance coverage is becoming more affordable. More insurers are beginning to offer EPLI policies with comprehensive coverage to smaller businesses to protect them in tough times. In fact, EPLI is becoming so important to the success of small businesses that it is being offered at more affordable prices and being tailored specifically for those smaller companies. With the average cost of an employment lawsuit exceeding $270,000, the potential return dwarfs the initial cost of EPL coverage. Talk to GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. to learn if this risk transfer option is right for your business 1-888-991-2929.
Protect Your Business Today!
You can trust the experts at GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. to provide you with a comprehensive business insurance package that includes EPLI insurance. Fill out the form on this page for a quote generally within one business day or click on the link below to get your quote now!
To learn more about EPLI coverage and how GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. can help protect your business, contact us today at 209-634-2929.
Learn About the GDI Client Philosophy!
If You Think This Sounds Too Good To Be True, Here Is What Just A Few Of Our Clients Have To Say about their Insurance:
"“…$385,000 less a year than we were paying
We looked hard at all our budget items, and insurance seemed to be a big fixed expense. GDI found us a policy for $385,000 less a year than we were paying”
-CA Home Builder
"…found me coverage for $140,000 less a year
When everyone else said that was the best they could do, I called GDI, and they found me coverage for $140,000 less a year than anyone else offered.”
-CA Cement Contractor
GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. Your Trusted Business Insurance Experts
As one of the fastest growing agencies in California, GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. is able to provide its clients with the latest and greatest of what the insurance industry has to offer and much, much more.
We are headquartered in Turlock, CA, with locations across the heart of California’s Central Valley, Northern California and beyond to provide a local feel to the solutions and services we provide our clients. We pride ourselves on exceeding our client’s expectations in every interaction to make sure that our client’s know how much we value and appreciate their business. Contact us today 1-209-634-2929 for your comprehensive insurance quote!