Business Owners Policy (BOP)
California Business Owners Policy (BOP)
California business owners have a lot to consider when choosing insurance that fully protects their business. One coverage option, a business owners policy (BOP), can take the guesswork out of the process. A BOP bundles several types of coverage in one package, similar to the way a homeowners policy works, but is designed for small businesses and midsized businesses. Contact GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. today 209-634-2929 for your Business Owners Policy quote!
BOP Key Features
A Business Owners Policy generally combines the following types of coverage in one convenient bundle:
- Commercial property insurance—Covers losses to property from common perils. It also covers office equipment, furniture, inventory, machinery, raw materials, computers and anything else that is vital to business operations.
- General liability insurance—Covers a company’s legal responsibility for any harm it may cause to others, up to the policy limit. It also covers attorney fees and medical bills for anyone injured by the company.
- Business interruption insurance—Reimburses for loss of income if a covered disaster interferes with the successful operation of the business.
What Are The Exclusions of BOP?
Although a BOP is a convenient insurance option for small business to midsized business owners, it does not cover professional liability, commercial auto insurance and workers’ compensation. Workers’ life, health and disability coverage is also excluded. For those exclusions, business owners can purchase separate insurance policies.
Other exclusion examples include the following:
- Crime coverage—Although it is minimal, crime coverage can be added to a BOP to cover losses as a result of crime, such as employee dishonesty and computer fraud. Typical crime coverage ranges between $1,000 and $5,000.
- Data breach coverage—This coverage is commonly added to BOPs to help remedy the following losses resulting from data breaches:
- Notifying impacted individuals
- Hiring crisis communication consultants
- Defense and settlement costs from associated lawsuits
- Replacement of lost income
- Extortion and ransom payments
- Errors and omissions (E&O) coverage—Businesses that provide services for a fee can be sued by customers who claim that they were harmed because the business failed to perform its job properly. E&O coverage pays for any judgment for which the insured is found legally liable, up to the policy limit. It also covers legal defense costs.
Ideal Candidates for a Business Owners Policy
California Small Businesses that have the following characteristics are ideal candidates for a BOP:
- Operate in a physical location, whether home-based or outside the home
- Have assets that can be stolen, including products, cash, furniture and digital property
- Are at a high risk for lawsuits
- Employ less than 100 employees and have less $5 million in sales
The following types of businesses frequently purchase BOPs to protect from losses not covered by general liability insurance:
- Religious organizations
- Technology consultants and solutions providers
Is your California Business Eligible for a BOP?
Small businesses to mid-sized businesses need to meet specific criteria to be eligible for a BOP. When determining eligibility, insurers consider factors that include the type of business, size of its primary location, class of business and revenue.
Premiums for BOP policies are based on eligibility factors, as well as financial stability, building construction, security features and fire hazards.
When purchasing small business insurance, it is important to obtain the right amount. Contact GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. for guidance as to whether a BOP is a logical choice for your business.
Protecting your Business Assets and Liabilities
Our exposure analysis identifies your business’ risks and recommends the optimal blend of insurance coverage and risk management. This generally involves a combination of:
- Workers Compensation
- Business Property Liability
- Business Auto Insurance
- and More
Learn About the GDI Client Philosophy!
Insurance & Risk Management
- Basic Policies - Liability
- Basic Policies - Employee Benefits
- Employee Benefits
- Contractual Transfers
Maximization of Efficiencies
- Accounting & Taxation
- Legal Guidance & Council
- Safety & Training
- Specialized EPA Inspections & Certifications
- Inspection Assistance
- Insurance Visit Support
If You Think This Sounds Too Good To Be True, Here Is What Just A Few Of Our Clients Have To Say about their Insurance:
"“…$385,000 less a year than we were paying
We looked hard at all our budget items, and insurance seemed to be a big fixed expense. GDI found us a policy for $385,000 less a year than we were paying”
-CA Home Builder
"…found me coverage for $140,000 less a year
When everyone else said that was the best they could do, I called GDI, and they found me coverage for $140,000 less a year than anyone else offered.”
-CA Cement Contractor
GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. Your Trusted Business Insurance Experts
At GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. we will do the work for you to ensure you have the best protection plan for your California business automobiles. Not only that, but as you can see, we will go the extra mile to make sure your business is protected from the inside-out.
Located in Turlock, CA we have offices throughout California’s Central Valley, Northern California and beyond.
To put the GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. experts to work for you, simply fill click our quote button above or call our office today at 1-888-991-2929 to learn more about GDI’s Business Owner Policy Program!