California Consumer Privacy Act Guide
This new law starts January 1, 2020, which is a comprehensive data privacy law. It’s designed to strengthen data security requirements for businesses and other organizations and give consumers, California residents living in the state for anything other than a temporary or transitory purpose, more control over their personal information.
What This Guide Provides
This guide is meant to help organizations understand their CCPA compliance burden and avoid potential fines or lawsuits.
- What is the CCPA?
- Who does the Act Apply To?
- Who is Protected by the Act?
- Personal Information as Defined by the CCPA
- Employee/Consumer Rights and How They Impact Employers
- Compliance Strategies
- Data Security Beyond California Consumers