Producer – Agent
GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and organized insurance agent to join our growing team. Together with our staff of insurance experts, you will work closely with our clients, helping them secure coverage that meets their unique needs. In this role, you will be expected to establish, maintain and enhance client relationships to resolve issues and retain customers.
Below you will find a general description of the role as well as an overview of traits we’re looking for in qualified applicants:
General Duties and Responsibilities
GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. agents will be expected to:
- Market and sell insurance policies.
- Interface with clients and potential clients via phone, email or in-person meetings.
- Develop leads using referrals and similar sales strategies.
- Track results and trends regularly for business forecasting.
- Identify and assess client risk exposures, researching coverage options to educate clients and help them meet specific insurance needs.
- Answer questions related to coverage and annual charges.
- Obtain underwriting approval by completing applications for coverage.
- Grow your thought leadership by reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
GDI Insurance Agency, Inc. agents must:
- Have the proper licenses to sell insurance in CA.
- Be familiar with Applied EPIC or other Agency Management System platforms.
- Have prior sales or customer service experience.
- Have experience using standard business applications, such as Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach to growing business relationships.
- Have strong critical thinking and communication skills.
- Be organized and self-motivated.
- Be proactive problem solvers.
- Have working knowledge of risk assessment and risk management techniques.